7 Dangerous Foods for Dogs
Lifestyle

7 Dangerous Foods for Dogs

Not all human foods are healthy or even safe for our pets and if we’re not informed or careful, we can harm dogs via allergies, bacteria, pet toxicity, obesity, and more. In the following article, we will delve into the most dangerous human foods for dogs:

1. Onions and garlic 
Make sure to keep these two bulbs away from your pets as they will induce weakness, vomiting, and breathing problems. Once either one of them is ingested they cause immediate poisoning, kill blood cells and can lead to Anemia

2. Avocado 
This fruit is very dangerous to dogs and can make your pooch nauseous, vomit, develop diarrhea, and a heart condition. The seed can become lodged in the intestine or stomach if swallowed. What’s most dangerous about them is the fungicidal toxin called Persin found in the bark, leaves, and seed of the avocado.

3. Caffeinated beverages 
These adult beverages are not meant to be consumed by our babies so please make sure to not leave coffee, tea, or soda lying anywhere that our pets will be able to get to them. Caffeine causes vomiting, diarrhea, and can damage a dog’s nervous system and heart. If you drink coffee be careful with the grinds. Caffeinated drinks have been known to cause muscle tremors, seizures, and even death.

4. Grapes and raisins 
The toxic substance that is responsible for the adverse effect of grapes and raisins remains a mystery, but it’s been proven that it only takes a small amount to make a dog ill. Within a day of ingesting these toxic nuggets, your dog will become sluggish and depressed. They often lead to kidney failure and even death. Experts all agree that there is no safe amount when it comes to grapes and raisins.

5. Dairy products 
Milk, cheese, and any form of dairy is horrible for dogs because dogs do not possess enzymes like lactase that disintegrate lactose. Diary products will produce itching, digestive problems, and can activate allergies in your pet. Remember this next time you’re eating an ice cream cone and they approach you with that kryptonite stare.

6. Chocolate  
Everyone should be familiar with this foe. Chocolate contains a stimulant known as theobromine as well as caffeine. Theobromine affects your dog’s organs from their guts, heart, kidney, and central nervous system. If your pet ingests a large amount of chocolate they can die. The symptoms included with chocolate consumption are vomiting, diarrhea, a spike in their heartbeat, hyperactivity, and seizure.

7. Peaches and plums 
These two fruits are lethal to dogs because the pits contain a toxin known as Amygdaline that can lead to kidney failure. The pit also can cause choking or get lodged in the intestine. Both have common symptoms that include weakness, appetite loss, breathing problems, diarrhea, fever, coma, vomiting, and much more.

latest articles